Monday, September 10, 2012

6 Weeks Post Surgery, 8 Weeks Post Injury

Here I sit the eve of my big doctors appointment.  Tomorrow I will be examined and it will be determined if I am allowed to begin learning how to walk again..........

I pray and hope that I have not done any damage, and that I have healed successfully.  The future of how much movement and how strong I will be from now on in unknown, and the unknown is very scary.  I have done my best to stay positive and optimistic, I hope that it has done me well.

I will stay true to my word and will be thankful for whatever my new normal becomes.  I will work hard and do exactly what my doctor and physical therapist tells me to do without missing a beat.  And...if tomorrow I am told that I need a few more weeks I will listen and be thankful regardless.

My foot looks good, less swelling each day, it doesn't turn that awful shade of purple when hanging down anymore. Now it just turns a reddish color.  I am not as sore at the end of the day, can bend and flex without much pain, and the incisions are looking good.  Physically I believe all has gone well.

Emotionally I have more good days then bad, I push through the bad and do my best to make them good again.  I am so happy to be at the end of the 6 weeks non weight bearing. It is really frustrating not being able to be independent and do all the things I am use to doing.  Thank God I have the amazing husband that I do.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of what the doctor will tell me tomorrow, but no matter what the news I will be OK, and I will be a SUCCESS story.

No comments:

Post a Comment