Monday, August 20, 2012

3 Weeks Post Surgery, Halfway to Weight Bearing

WOW.....I am now three weeks post surgery, and exactly halfway through the non weight bearing phase.  You know I always hated Mondays before, then I fell on Monday, had surgery on a Monday, I just really have a reason to hate Mondays now, lol.  Nah......could always be worse!  (I hear my Dad say that to me all the time.)

I am feeling pretty great physically.  My foot looks better every day; bruising going away, swelling going down, still little to no pain (enjoying that while it lasts), and incisions are healing well.  I fear I will have ugly scars....thank goodness my husband didn't fall in love with my feet.  :)

I still don't have full range of motion, but that is why I will be doing physical therapy.  It definitely feels tight in many spots and if I move my foot the wrong way I get pain, but otherwise I can't complain.  I am just thankful that my doctor didn't put me in a cast for six weeks and I can at least move my foot somewhat.

Emotionally I also am doing pretty great.  Whenever I feel myself slipping into negative territory I pull my self right back and think of all the positives.  This is a habit I am trying to create, as being positive and staying calm are not my strengths, but I am trying to create positive habits.  I hear that helps with recovery! I find I am less frustrated each day and am able to do a little more and am a bit stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment